Learn to Knit - 3 week knitting course at Common Bar in Manchester's NQ!
LEARN TO KNIT (1-2-1 tuition) in central Manchester
(£55.00 - 6 hours spread over 3 weeks, some practice required between classes, inc. materials)
This course is designed with the absolute beginner in mind, but it is also perfect for those who are refreshing their skills or have taught them selves the very basics of knitting and need extra tuition to move forward.
On this course you will learn the necessary skills to start knitting fun and creative patterns, including:
- Casting on and casting off
- Knit and purl stitch - and how to use those to make pattern textures
- Increasing and decreasing your stitches, so you can start to shape your knitting
- How to make a cable stitch: get knitting your favourite Aran patterns in no time!
- knitting with two colours to knit fancy stripes and mosaic patterns
- How to read a knitting pattern, understanding terminology and a guide to the tools and yarns you'll need beyond the course.
What you'll make:
- Lots of samples of knit and purl patterns demonstrating your new knitting skills.
- Samples demonstrating your new skills in making a cable stitch, increasing and dcreasing
- Colour work (stripes) sample
Have a question?
If you have any questions about the course at all, please e-mail Rachael at: email@example.com
With over 8 years of professional teaching experience, Rachael has tweaked and perfected her teaching style and course content to provide each student with the best possible, practical learning experience of knitting and crochet. Rachael's teaching style is very relaxed and every session is always a fun, friendly and a creative experience.
Rachael is also an artist, working with textiles, drawing and printing, so her approaches and project inspiration is always playful and pays great attention to perfecting technical skills.